Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I update to MacOs Sierra?

My system is currently running on MacOS x 10.7.5 with 2 GB of memory. I'm not sure if I can update, since every time I attempt to install the "macOS High Sierra" app from the App Store I get a pop-up message saying "We could not complete your purchase. This version of macOS 10.3.5 cannot be installed on the computer." Is there anything I could do to install it or is it impossible? Please let me know, I don't know much about software updates and such.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Software Update

Posted on Jun 5, 2018 4:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply
7 replies

Jun 5, 2018 7:26 PM in response to StarMiku

The 2 places I’ve seen recommended most to buy reliable RAM are below. I have purchased RAM several times, a MacBook Pro battery, and a hard drive from Other World Computing and have always been very satisfied with the product and service. They have on-line instructions on how to replace the RAM. OWC has also tested RAM above what Apple states is the maximum. I had 6GB installed on an early 2008 iMac supposedly limited to 4 GB and noticed an improvement.

Crucial

Other World Computing

Check to make sure your applications are compatible.

Application Compatibility

El Capitan 10.11 Compatibility information

macOS Sierra 10.12: Compatible Apps

Also check to make sure there is a compatible driver for your printer.

Do a backup before installing, preferable 2 backups on 2 different drives.

How do I update to MacOs Sierra?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.