Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to sign in to FaceTime on my Mac desktop

For the past 3 weeks, I have been unable to sign in to FaceTime on my Mac desktop. The action results in the message "An error occurred during authentication" and also my FaceTime Preferences are greyed out. I have attempted to resolve by following most of the advice I could find on this site such as "If you can't sign in to your iMessage account or FaceTime on your Mac - Apple Support" plus other advice on the wider internet such as changing my DNS entries to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4. I have tested without any firewall in operation, skirted my router by cabling directly into my modem and in desperation I have reinstalled the complete operating system but all without success. There is nothing incorrect with my Apple id and password which works perfectly well when signing into my Apple account or the App Store. Any new advice will be appreciated.

System

User uploaded file

Netgear Router - Nighthawk R7000

Firmware Version

V1.0.9.26_10.2.31

iMac, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jun 9, 2018 12:41 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jun 9, 2018 1:56 AM in response to BMalcM

If you can't sign in to FaceTime

Unable to sign in to FaceTime on my Mac desktop

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.