Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Messages in iCloud" not appearing

So I'm sitting at two macs. A Macbook pro and an iMac.

Both are at macos 10.13.5

In iMessage preferences on the Macbook, I see the option to "Enable Messages in iCloud" (with "Sync now" button). I see:

User uploaded file

In iMessage on the iMac, I don't see that option.

User uploaded file

Note: Both iMessage programs say they are Version 11.0 (5500)

Is there a switch I have to flick somewhere else which turns this on? Or did my 10.13.5 upgrade run amiss (I did have some problems).

Thx,

Peter G

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 12:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 10, 2018 3:03 PM

Hi,

I take you are using 2 Step Verification on both devices ?

Some people have reported that going to System Preferences > iCloud > and enabling the Keychain item seems to kick it in to gear.

However others report that this setting was not made by themselves and it still works (I an in this group).

There has then been speculation that changing anything in iCloud might be enough. The sample size of the group responding is too small to be significant.

User uploaded file

9:43 pm Sunday; June 10, 2018

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 MacBookPro 15" 2016 (High Sierra 10.13.x)  Mac OS X (10.6.8),
3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 10, 2018 3:03 PM in response to CorsairVelo

Hi,

I take you are using 2 Step Verification on both devices ?

Some people have reported that going to System Preferences > iCloud > and enabling the Keychain item seems to kick it in to gear.

However others report that this setting was not made by themselves and it still works (I an in this group).

There has then been speculation that changing anything in iCloud might be enough. The sample size of the group responding is too small to be significant.

User uploaded file

9:43 pm Sunday; June 10, 2018

 iMac 2.5Ghz i5 2011 (Sierra)
 G4/1GhzDual MDD (Leopard 10.5.8)
 MacBookPro 2Gb (Snow Leopard 10.6.8)
 MacBookPro 15" 2016 (High Sierra 10.13.x)  Mac OS X (10.6.8),

"Messages in iCloud" not appearing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.