Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

mac message syncing

Enable Messages in iCloud and Sync Now options in Messages > Preferences > iMessage have disappeared in Monterey 12.1 how do I get these options back?

MacBook Pro (2020 and later)

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 1, 2022 9:16 PM

If you are using your iCloud account in your iPhone and in the Mac then go to your iPhone settings find messages and get in Text messages forwarding, get in and if you see your Mac and the toggle it’s off then turn it on, that will make that all your texts messages received from your iPhone will appear in your Mac message app

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 1, 2022 9:16 PM in response to squadra-sfo

If you are using your iCloud account in your iPhone and in the Mac then go to your iPhone settings find messages and get in Text messages forwarding, get in and if you see your Mac and the toggle it’s off then turn it on, that will make that all your texts messages received from your iPhone will appear in your Mac message app

Jan 3, 2022 8:54 AM in response to Ozzie1910

Thanks, did see Text Message Forwarding as an answer on this thread, https://discussions.apple.com/thread/253324991

which was not the solution I was looking for.

All Messages history got deleted while I was troubleshooting another issue - 'Not Delivered' warning on outbound texts from my macbook but messages were in fact getting delivered on my other Apple devices.

After copying over and replacing all the contents of the Messages folder inside ~/Library from another Macbook, Message history was recovered and the 'Not Delivered' warning on texts stopped.

My guess is 'Enable Messages in iCloud and Sync Now' are consolidated on Monterey 15.1 when users are signed in to their Apple ID and have the Messages.app checkbox enabled under iCloud Drive Options. If a user has 'Keep messages' set to forever this will certainly have an impact on syncing from scratch - if we are talking about years of Messages attachments.

mac message syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.