Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple ID security

I am getting regular emails from Apple advising that my Apple password request has been completed . However, I haven't requested any such change. I change my password each time I get one if these emails but it's becoming a nuisance. Any suggestions?

Posted on Jun 12, 2018 12:41 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 12, 2018 12:43 AM

You are sure that they're are emails from Apple and not phishing attempts, do they address you by name ?

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Similar questions

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 12, 2018 12:43 AM in response to Aidanoh

You are sure that they're are emails from Apple and not phishing attempts, do they address you by name ?

Phishing and similar emails : Avoid phishing emails, fake 'virus' alerts, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Genuine iTunes emails : Identifying legitimate emails from the iTunes Store - Apple Support

Jun 12, 2018 7:12 AM in response to Aidanoh

Some other things to check

The e-mail will be from @apple.com or @iTunes.com. E-mail addresses can be spoofed. You can go to Mail/View/Message/Show all Headers to see more. Apple e-mails will never contain an attachment. Apple will never request personal information such as Social Security numbers.

If necessary, there is a contact link.

Apple ID Support

Apple ID Support (2)

Apple Support by e-mail or chat Select your device, Battery, Power and Charging, then Power adapter not working to get a chat option. If the initial contact can’t help you, ask them to have someone who can help contact you.

Apple Support using Twitter

Or fill out and submit this form.

Apple ID security

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.