Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod touch battery dying so fast!!!

Hi,

I have an iPod touch 6th generation with a battery that is TERRIBLE. I normally have the brightness basically at the lowest setting, and no bluetooth on. I know there are other threads about the battery problem, but i think mine is probably worse than others, as it generally lasts 30 minutes or so with an app such as Skype.

I tested the battery with a 3rd party app by turning off all wifi, bluetooth, screen brightness at 0%, no other tabs open except one little simple game running for 10 minutes, it burned through 8% in that time. The battery is almost unusable at this point, I am constantly having to carry around a power bank to charge it all the time. Even in standby mode it burns battery.

I've also found that the battery indicator is VERY inaccurate, as i think is normal with iPod touches, it is on red (-20%) and I plug it in, suddenly it's half full, and when it goes to 20% I can just restart it and it goes to 50%, only to drop back down again very quickly.

I have already tried a factory reset, and searched online, if there is any help possible it will be much appreciated, if not no worries. 🙂

iPod touch, iOS 10.3.2, 6th gen 32gb

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 1:54 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 7:58 PM

Some have described the battery indicator more as a random number generator, and in my experience i can go from the 20% warning to 83% charged once I plug it in.

I just adapt by having the auxiliary battery and, sadly, not counting on having it.

Similar questions

3 replies

Jun 13, 2018 5:51 AM in response to Hawkie412

I’m sorry to say there is no real help. i have an iPod 6 and have had battery issues with the 4th and 5th gen devices.

I can suggest the work around of getting a portable battery to have on hand. I also have a charger at work and home for mine.

IMHO the only way to get better battery life would be if Apple used more iphone like batteries in the ipods.....however given that their main support pages no longer have icons for iPods, something suggests to me that the ipod battery issues will be ‘solved’ by people moving to iPhones or iPad minis and the ipods going away. (SPeculation is frowned upon here but having the item removed from the first layers of support pages suggests to me that there will not be an iPod 7)

iPod touch battery dying so fast!!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.