Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is a single hairline crack on an iPad(2018) covered by apples one year warranty?

I have a 2018 iPad model, I have NOT dropped it and I have a very protective case on it but I just noticed the very fine hairline crack running through the screen (only noticeable in certain angles) and I wanted to know if it’s covered by the apple care one year warranty. Or if it’s not, what would be the price to repair it?

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 9:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 13, 2018 10:57 PM

If it's a crack with no "spider web" pattern and no apparent impact point on the glass or case, then you stand a good chance of getting a replacement under warranty.

Otherwise, Apple's only remedy for any cracked screen is to pay their complete out of warranty replacement cost. Apple doesn't do repairs for customer devices on any iPhone. All out of warranty replacements cost either battery replacement fee (only if everything is working) or the standard replacement fee. They send exchanged iPads to a place where they may be recycled or refurbished.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 13, 2018 10:57 PM in response to Ohnolila

If it's a crack with no "spider web" pattern and no apparent impact point on the glass or case, then you stand a good chance of getting a replacement under warranty.

Otherwise, Apple's only remedy for any cracked screen is to pay their complete out of warranty replacement cost. Apple doesn't do repairs for customer devices on any iPhone. All out of warranty replacements cost either battery replacement fee (only if everything is working) or the standard replacement fee. They send exchanged iPads to a place where they may be recycled or refurbished.

Jul 18, 2018 9:05 AM in response to Ohnolila

I had the same exact issue.. with my ipad pro 10.5 inch, no drop whatsoever neither got hit, also have a tempered screen protector on it.. cracked User uploaded fileon the top left corner, edge to edge from left to top side.. just left it to a service center and they are checking with apple if it will be verified as a single hairline crack and be under warranty.. please share what happened with you after ?

I hope it went smooth with you, good luck

Is a single hairline crack on an iPad(2018) covered by apples one year warranty?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.