Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

IPad screen display issues

I have been reading past posts on this issue and find it quite disheartening. IPads are not a low-cost purchase.It is one I gave great thought and consideration to. Thinking this would last me I also got max memory. One would expect it to at least last until it is 'dated'. To see that my Ipad Mini had to be replaced after only 3 years and that this issue has happened to many thousands of other similar Apple devices one would think that Apple would extend some replacement or repair solution. Not to be had. I have been a Mac 'Snob' for greater than 25 years and thinking my day has come to go to the other side. I have Mac phone, Macbook Pro, Mac Ipad Mini, and an IMac. I could replace all of them with just the cost of the MacBook Pro and get customer service without having to pay a 'subscription' for it. Oh what to do. Any suggestions out there? Please note the photo below is not my photo, I borrowed it from this sight but my Ipad is doing the exact same.User uploaded file

iPad Mini Wi-Fi

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 7:52 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Jun 17, 2018 5:12 PM in response to linda209

Hello Linda,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities!

I understand from your post that you have lines on the screen of your iPad. To help determine if this issue is a hardware issue or a software issue I recommend backing up and reinstalling the software of your iPad. if the issue is not resolved after reinstalling the software then you will need to contact Apple Support for additional assistance. The following article has the steps on how to backup your iPhone:

How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

By using the steps as listed from the following article you can reinstall the software on your iPhone:
If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Put your device in recovery mode and set it up again

1. Make sure that you're using the latest version of iTunes.
  2. If iTunes is already open, close it. Connect your device to your computer and open iTunes. If you don't have a computer, borrow one from a friend or go to an Apple Retail Store or Apple Authorized Service Provider for help.
  3. While your device is connected, force restart it with these steps:
    • On an iPhone 6s and earlier, iPad, or iPod touch: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Home buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
    • On an iPhone 7 or iPhone 7 Plus: Press and hold the Sleep/Wake and Volume Down buttons at the same time. Don't release the buttons when you see the Apple logo. Keep holding both buttons until you see the recovery mode screen.
  4. When you see the option to Restore or Update, choose Update. iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without erasing your data. Wait while iTunes downloads the software for your device. If the download takes more than 15 minutes and your device exits recovery mode, let the download finish, then repeat these steps.
  5. After the Update or Restore completes, set up your device.
Best Regards.

IPad screen display issues

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.