Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home Time Capsule disappeared

I was trying to make sure the firmware on my Time Capsule was up to date, and managed only to make it disappear. In Airport Utility, the graphic previously showed the Internet on top, leading to my Time Capsule, then leading to my Living Room Base Station (similar to the photo at: Update the firmware on your AirPort base station - Apple Support).

I tried to update the firmware, and now the Time Capsule has disappeared; now it goes straight from the Internet to the Living Room Base Station. How do I get the Time Capsule back?

Thanks.

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3), Mac

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 10:37 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 15, 2018 10:43 AM

"Disappearing Time Capsules" (and AirPorts as well) are a common feature of AirPort Utility 6.x versions.

You have not indicated whether or not you have tried any troubleshooting steps, but if you have not already powered off the Time Capsule, restarted your Mac, and then powered up the Time Capsule again, that would be the very first action that you would want to perform.

If you have already done this and performed other troubleshooting steps, please provide more information about what you have already done.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 15, 2018 10:43 AM in response to Schwaben10

"Disappearing Time Capsules" (and AirPorts as well) are a common feature of AirPort Utility 6.x versions.

You have not indicated whether or not you have tried any troubleshooting steps, but if you have not already powered off the Time Capsule, restarted your Mac, and then powered up the Time Capsule again, that would be the very first action that you would want to perform.

If you have already done this and performed other troubleshooting steps, please provide more information about what you have already done.

Home Time Capsule disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.