Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Carplay cuts out radio then does not go back

When I have the radio (or sirius xm, whatever) playing and I'm using google maps through Carplay, and I have google maps running on an an iphone 6s, when the voice audio cuts in to give a direction, google maps app cuts in and lets me hear the direction, as I would expect. However, then it does not yield back the audio to the radio. I have to manually push the radio button to start hearing the "radio" again. Then next time there's a direction, Carplay correctly cuts in again, but then again I have to manually push the radio button again to hear it. This is an annoying bug and not at all the way I want it to work. I would really appreciate if they could fix this or if someone would give a simple solution. Thank you.

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 9:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2018 9:26 AM

mhdapple wrote:

I'm using google maps through Carplay

No. You're not. It will not be possible to use 3rd party navigation apps in CarPlay until after iOS 12 is released and the app developers have updated their apps to be compatible with CarPlay.

If you're having problems with the current Google Maps app, contact Google.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2018 9:26 AM in response to mhdapple

mhdapple wrote:

I'm using google maps through Carplay

No. You're not. It will not be possible to use 3rd party navigation apps in CarPlay until after iOS 12 is released and the app developers have updated their apps to be compatible with CarPlay.

If you're having problems with the current Google Maps app, contact Google.

Carplay cuts out radio then does not go back

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.