Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to select ALL photos in iCloud PC version?

I finally had enough of the warning "Your iCloud Storage is full" and decided to turn iCloud storage off but the system tells me an X amount of photos will be removed if I proceed - while attempting to do so on my iPhone, so I decided to download all of them in my pc just in case my other photo app didn't back up all of them... but the issue is selecting the photos one by one!!?!? Is there a (fair) way to download all photos and then delete all of them from iCloud? Oh, I am using a Windows 10, Chrome browser, iPhone 8 Plus 256GB and iPad Air 2, all up to date!

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jun 27, 2018 5:43 PM

17 replies

Aug 30, 2018 9:03 AM in response to leia117

Once you have downloaded the iCloud app for windows. You should have an iCloud icon in the bottom right corner (probably within the ^ section).

Click on this icon once. It will open a small menu.

From there you can select download photos.

Another window appears, and you can select specific years or all photos to be downloaded.

Hope this helps!!

Aug 30, 2018 3:33 PM in response to matthewfromaddlestone

That is new and I appreciate it. If you don't mind walking me through it, it might help others, as well.

So, I found the icon, and I click on it and it expands to this. It gives the options of:
1: Open Icloud Drive

2: Go to iCloud.com
3: Open iCloud Settings (which I posted a shot of above, with no download all or by year options - only "NEW" photos)

On which of these options, do you find the location that you stated, "From there you can select download photos.

Another window appears, and you can select specific years or all photos to be downloaded." I tried all three and must be missing it. It sure would save me time from having to select only ONE photo at a time to download.
THANKS!!!

User uploaded file

Aug 31, 2018 4:21 AM in response to leia117

Your icloud is currently initializing. Once it has finished the options you get should change.

As requested a step by step approach First 3 Steps included for completeness:

1. Download iCloud for windows.

2. Sign in following on screen prompts.

3. Then close icloud browser screen.

4. Find iCloud icon in Windows Taskbar

User uploaded file

5. Single Left mouse click on the icon. Once it has finished initialising, the screen should look something like this...

(It will take a while for the program to finish initialising).

User uploaded file

6. Click on download photos.

User uploaded file

7. A pop-up in the centre of the screen should then appear, giving you the option to Download photos by year, or ALL.

n.b. Some photos will be saved as a new file type (.HEIF/.HEIC) This is a new improved compression of images, allowing the same quality, at almost half the disk space. At present, this file format is not supported by Windows 10, but support will be implemented in the near future hopefully.

Aug 30, 2018 10:27 PM in response to gail from maine

My first reply didn't show up, so hopefully, this isn't a duplicate. In answer to Gail (and thank you for your time), yes. The 'new' option has been checked and the only things being downloaded are photos taken after checking that option three days ago. Not one single older image has shown up downloaded. Only newly photographed or newly screen captured items are downloaded and it is immediate.

I GIVE UP.

Tomorrow, I am calling our Apple store to make an appointment to go in with a flash drive, and my laptop (in case the later is needed) and have THEM pull all my master photos for me. I wasted a few more hours tonight trying to get my precious photos. I figured out that if I put them in a shared folder from my phone to the iCloud, I can see them on my laptop and save all at once to a harddrive folder. The problem is, Apple in it's infinitely confusing sense of wisdom, reduces the shared master files drastically. If I save it individually from the cloud, the files are several MB's large each. But through the shared folder, they are less than 100KB's each. VERY low resolution.

It shouldn't be this hard for someone to SELECT more than one master image, and download it to their PC. ho t

Thank you to all who tried to help. Now I hope I can get Apple to do it for me.

Aug 30, 2018 10:04 PM in response to leia117

In your Photos Options, where it says "Download New Photos and Videos to My PC", it means download any photos and videos to the location specified that are not already there (or were not uploaded from there). Did you try checking that box, and then waiting a few days or up to a week to see if all of the photos would download to the location specified for that option?

The reason it specifies "New" is to distinguish "new" photos and videos from uploaded ones, just like it says "New" Photos & Videos" from your PC.

Best,

GB

How to select ALL photos in iCloud PC version?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.