Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Portrait mode in photos

I have taken couple of photos in Portrait mode using iPhone X. I use Photos for Mac to copy those to my Mac and iTunes to sync back to my iPhone.

Photos for iPhone now provides an option to copy and edit which is fine but it does not provide an option to edit Portrait mode (switch between Natural - Studio - Stage). even though the picture says it is of type Portrait.

It should have warned me before moving pictures to Photos for Mac.

Or is there an option to bring it alive on iPhone?

iPhone X, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 4:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 1, 2018 6:41 AM

With iPhone X you would be better off to use iCloud Photo Library to sync the special image formats between your Mac and your iPhone. Then your Live Photos will easily sync as Live Photos and the Portrait Photos will keep their portrait effect. And any edits will be in sync across your devices. The problem is, that syncing iTunes will not sync the original image files to the iPhone, but downsized previews for viewing on the iPhone.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 1, 2018 6:41 AM in response to pramodhbm

With iPhone X you would be better off to use iCloud Photo Library to sync the special image formats between your Mac and your iPhone. Then your Live Photos will easily sync as Live Photos and the Portrait Photos will keep their portrait effect. And any edits will be in sync across your devices. The problem is, that syncing iTunes will not sync the original image files to the iPhone, but downsized previews for viewing on the iPhone.

Portrait mode in photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.