Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Issues connecting to USB port in car

Software 11.4

I have upgraded from iphone6 to iphone8 and have an issue when connecting to the USB port in my 2014 Citroen C4 Grand Picasso.

On the iphone6 when it connected as an iPod I could go via control centre and change the output from “Citroen” to “IPhone Speaker”. Now I only see “Dock Connector” and no other option.

User uploaded file

The reason this is a problem is that I can no longer hear my sat nav when listening to the radio in the car, where before I could select “IPhone Speaker”

Anyone any ideas

Posted on Jul 4, 2018 7:39 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Jul 4, 2018 9:51 AM in response to sphelps

*sigh* Okay, if your software is the absolute latest, there is no need to read further. However, if there is even the slightest chance that the Stuart guy on the Apple Communities page was right, read on:

To get the updates do the following

1. Go to My Citroen UK.
  2. Create a new account.
  3. Click on My Car.
  4. Add a vehicle using the VIN (vehicle identifier number).
  5. Once the vehicle is added hover over “Citroen Shop” at the top, then click on “Citroen Connect Nav”.
  6. You end up on this page.
  7. Download the instructions, map updates and software updates.
  8. Follow the instructions (these are complex but the instructions are clear).

This page in French is handy. This page in English and this page also look handy!

The instructions are here.

The map file is called PSA_map-eur_7.0.0-NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar

The software file is called PSA_ovip-int-firmware-version_21-06-47-34_NAC-r0_NAC_EUR_WAVE2.tar. It is version Version V.21.06.47.34_NAC-r0.

Jul 4, 2018 7:54 AM in response to sphelps

When you changed from the iPhone 6 to the 8, you also changed to much newer software. The iPhone's software is now much newer than the car's software.

Your 2014 Citroen's software is at least 4 years old, and probably much older. It's time to update the software for the car. Go to your Citroen website and select downloads to get the latest software and instructions for installation.

Issues connecting to USB port in car

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.