Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook asking for iPhone passcode not working

Hi All,

I have recently freshly installed Mac OS on my Macbook Pro (High Sierra 10.13.5), and when signing into my Apple ID it asks me for additional authentication in the form of my iPhone passcode. But for some reason it keeps refusing to accept the code, despite it working perfectly fine on my iPhone.

My mobile device despite being mine is running my companies device management software, if that is any constellation.

Just wondering if anyone had has a similar issue as it is frustrating having my Mac alert me each time upon login to "Update Apple ID Settings" when I don't seem to be able to.

Cheers

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.5)

Posted on Jul 6, 2018 1:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 6, 2018 3:57 AM

Luis, whilst I appreciate your responses my Macbook is asking for the passcode of "xxx's iPhone", not for a code that has been sent to my iPhone. I work in the IT industry and am well versed in the various methods of device authentication.

Without posting the image from machine this is what it is asking me in a dialog window as I sign in.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 6, 2018 3:57 AM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Luis, whilst I appreciate your responses my Macbook is asking for the passcode of "xxx's iPhone", not for a code that has been sent to my iPhone. I work in the IT industry and am well versed in the various methods of device authentication.

Without posting the image from machine this is what it is asking me in a dialog window as I sign in.

User uploaded file

Macbook asking for iPhone passcode not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.