Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

apple music not downloading on android

Android 7

apple music does not download

Posted on Jul 6, 2018 8:55 AM

44 replies

Jul 9, 2018 8:03 AM in response to janfromjhb

Hello janfromjhb,

Thanks for reaching out to Apple Support Communities.
I understand from your post that Apple Music is not downloading on your Android device. You're in the right place and I am happy to help.

The first thing to check is Wi-Fi/ Cellular Data are turned on. Settings > Music > Cellular Data, and check two things:

• Tap Wireless Data to see if Apple Music is allowed to use mobile data.

• See if you turn on Downloads to permit Apple Music download songs on mobile data.

Restart the Apple Music App:
  • Double-click the Home button.
  • Find Apple Music.

• Slide it up to close it.

Then tap Apple Music on the Home Page to restart it. Now run Apple Music.
If the above-mentioned steps do not work, check out the article Listen to music and more in the Music app
Let us know if you have any questions.
Have a great day!

Oct 5, 2018 5:44 PM in response to bdgosu1

I am also starting to wonder. I am running on a custom rom based on pie and at first my library was downloaded successfully but 13 songs were excluded. I tried everything mentioned above but none of that worked. So I cleared data and set the app up again and now none of the songs are downloading now. Any suggestions?

Feb 13, 2019 7:43 AM in response to Raditiana

Try manually granting permissions and disabling battery optimisation for Apple Music(search battery optimisation in settings, this will let the app download while the screen is off) and also disable Samsung's own battery optimisation, IMO, it does more harm than good( settings, battery, tap 3 dots in the corner,settings-see screenshot). If you don't have any downloaded music, clear data or uninstall /reinstall app, and if you have downnloaded music and don't want to lose it, just clear the app's cache and try a reboot in both cases. Feel free to ask me anything.

Dec 18, 2018 5:40 PM in response to moshikko2018

Hi Moshikko, When you installed the apk, did you do a fresh install or just the update? It seems that when installing an APK you can either do a fresh install or install it as a update, I tried to install it as an update and still couldnt download any songs on my Pixel 3 XL. The download cue still gets stuck and never starts downloading

Dec 20, 2018 2:32 PM in response to janfromjhb

I struggled with this issue for weeks. Today, I went into the app's info screen and it turned out that the storage permission was not enabled so I enabled it and rebooted the phone (Clearing the app from recents screen did not work). This fixed the problem.

It never occurred to me to check the permissions because the app is supposed to request for the necessary permissions and considering music downloads was working before.

Jan 21, 2019 10:52 AM in response to sugar45l3

Steps to resolve in my case (worked for both me and the wife on 9.0 android one devices).

1 - download Apple music 2.7 beta from APK mirror and install

2 - go to settings / apps / Apple music

3 - go to storage and clear cache (only cache)

4 - reboot phone

Worked for both of us and allowed downloading to internal or SD. Worth noting that both our phones already had storage permission enabled, make sure this is on as well!

Feb 13, 2019 5:06 AM in response to KieranPixelUser

Hello Kieran,

I have a Samsung S9+ and I've recently upgraded to Android Pie and on Apple Music I can't no longer download songs. It was working fine on Android Lollypop. I've tried doing what you said but its still not working.

Streaming works fine but I just can't download anything. The download process remain stagnant.

Please help.

Thanks a lot

Ben.

apple music not downloading on android

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.