Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

This Mac can’t connect to iCloud because of a problem with…

Mail is successfully accessing my other email accounts, but my mac.com account keeps announcing:

Selecting "iCloud Preferences…" opens the "Enter the Apple ID password…" window in System Preferences/iCloud. After entering my password the iCloud Settings panel seems happy and I appear to be logged in. No spinning beach ball, no "Sign In" showing at the bottom. But Mail still indicates that iCloud is offline and hitting the offline button gives me the "…can't connect…" message all over again.

Per suggestions on OSXDaily, I have tried quitting all iCloud apps and restarting my computer and that doesn't help. I have confirmed that iCloud isn't down. I am hesitant to sign out of iCloud, restart and sign back in because iCloud settings tells me:

User uploaded file

And I don't want to lose those files. What do I do? Most of the pages I've found on this topic (and there are a lot) are for people who aren't successfully getting iCloud back up when they go to System settings. As best I can tell, I've never really been logged out of it.

Martin

Mac Pro OS X El Capitan (10.11.6), (Early 2009) 2 x 2.26 GHz Quad-Core

[Image Edited by Host to Remove Personal Information]

Posted on Jul 9, 2018 9:34 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 9, 2018 10:18 AM

Despite what the system status page shows, it appears that iCloud mail services are down across the board, at least for me. I can't access my mail from my phone or through a browser. In a browser, I can sign in to iCloud just fine, but when I try to get into Mail it tell me this: "There was a problem loading the application due to a possible network error or missing resources. Please try again." On my Android phone, the mail just errors out when trying to load messages. Been down for nearly 45 minutes now (11 AM CDT is the last time my phone was able to sync).

In other words, it's not just you. Don't change anything on your computer; just ride it out so you don't have to fix anything when it eventually comes back up.

EDIT: And just like that, it's finally back up. It was down for about 40 minutes when I started to post but of course came back online before I finished. Try again now. 🙂

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 9, 2018 10:18 AM in response to Martin Nelson

Despite what the system status page shows, it appears that iCloud mail services are down across the board, at least for me. I can't access my mail from my phone or through a browser. In a browser, I can sign in to iCloud just fine, but when I try to get into Mail it tell me this: "There was a problem loading the application due to a possible network error or missing resources. Please try again." On my Android phone, the mail just errors out when trying to load messages. Been down for nearly 45 minutes now (11 AM CDT is the last time my phone was able to sync).

In other words, it's not just you. Don't change anything on your computer; just ride it out so you don't have to fix anything when it eventually comes back up.

EDIT: And just like that, it's finally back up. It was down for about 40 minutes when I started to post but of course came back online before I finished. Try again now. 🙂

This Mac can’t connect to iCloud because of a problem with…

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.