Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 7 Losing Wifi Problem

Hi All,

I have a problem with my iPhone 7 which I have been having for at least 6 months and probably longer. For some reason, even though I will be connected to a wifi network, such as my home network, the wifi will stop being connected at some point. It happens several times a day and for no apparent reason. It happens for my home network and any other networks. I have tried to 'forget' the network, renew the lease, restart the phone etc but have not had any luck. The other weird thing is that if I look at the first screen of Settings, is that it displays the wifi that I am connected to, but there is no wifi signal. To workaround the problem I disconnect and reconnect the wifi on my phone. This works but is incredibly annoying and time wasting. Has anyone else experienced this problem and also hopefully know a solution?!

Thanks!

Doug

This is how the phone display looks:

Step 1 - Main Screen - Notice in the top left corner there is no wifi signal

User uploaded file

Step 2 - Settings - You can see next to Wi-Fi that the connection is listed there. However, the wifi is still not connected

User uploaded file

Step 3 - Wifi - Now after selecting 'Wi-fi' it shows that the wifi is on and the connection is there and ticked. However wifi is still not connected

User uploaded file

Step 4 - The Workaround - Temporary solution to fix the problem - turn off the wifi and then turn it back on again - Notice in the image on the right that the wifi signal is now turned on.

User uploaded file User uploaded file

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 6:37 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Iphone 7 Losing Wifi Problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.