Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod can’t find my playlists

Hi, I can’t get .homepod to play my playlists. I saw other threads about it with only a few being resolved. It said ask again.

I ask Siri to play my playlists and it says “I couldn’t find ‘xxxx’ in your music”.

I have subscribed to Apple Music. I reset the HomePod as instructed, reset my devices, checked all settings etc. . I’ve renamed the playlists one word, multiple words etc. I tested that Siri is able to play my playlists on my device(s) which it does.

Nothing works.

Any other ideas on what can be the issue?

Thank you

HomePod, iOS 7

Posted on Jul 10, 2018 3:53 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 11, 2018 12:24 PM

Hi,

So I tried some more things.

• First I rebooted my wifi router by unplugging it. Did not resolve the issue.
  • Then I reset network settings which appears to have resolved the issue, it now plays my playlists!

So the solution might be to try the above steps . I have not done my software updates yet.

I can’t believe I forgot to try that since I always do that with other networking problems that arise.

Thank you

11 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 11, 2018 12:24 PM in response to tonyko88

Hi,

So I tried some more things.

• First I rebooted my wifi router by unplugging it. Did not resolve the issue.
  • Then I reset network settings which appears to have resolved the issue, it now plays my playlists!

So the solution might be to try the above steps . I have not done my software updates yet.

I can’t believe I forgot to try that since I always do that with other networking problems that arise.

Thank you

Jul 11, 2018 12:52 AM in response to tonyko88

Hi

thanks but I tried that and no luck.

Im going to try one thing I haven’t yet, which is to reboot my wifi router. I’ll unplug that to see if it helps and also try reset network settings on my iPad and iPhone.

Its also occured to me i might need to do the software updates on my devices to match my HomePod version (which has the latest)

HomePod can’t find my playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.