Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Question:

Question: Is the photos built in print services finishing on September 30 2018

Hi everyone

On going to Photos projects today, got this message - see image. Does this mean that you won't be able to order calendars and books directly through Apple in future. Did I miss something?

Thanks

Kevin

User uploaded file

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10), Mid-2013 27 inch I5 8GB RAM

Posted on

Page content loaded

Jul 11, 2018 7:16 AM in response to soccerdad0071 In response to soccerdad0071

no idea but it sure sounds clear - I get that today with High Sierra 10.13.6 too

with no Time Capsule, no print products, etc it sure seems that Apple is exiting the consumer market just like it exited teh professional market a few years ago

Surprising since Photos and print products seems to closely fit their IOS device growth stragety

LN

Jul 11, 2018 7:16 AM

Reply Helpful

Jul 11, 2018 8:45 AM in response to soccerdad0071 In response to soccerdad0071

You'd better take this warning seriously, that you will not be able to order any print products from Apple using Photos, when Photos 4.0 on Mojave comes out.

iPhoto is now giving the same warning, btw.

The only project extensions I could find to create a book - Mimeo Photos - keeps crashing, when I try to create a book in Photos with it.

Jul 11, 2018 8:45 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 11, 2018 11:30 AM in response to R_0G_114B_198 In response to R_0G_114B_198

I just got the same message with High Sierra 10.13.6 (the new update). When clicking on the button to open the App Store I see these apps:

User uploaded file

It sure looks like Apple might be bailing out of the print products business.

User uploaded file

Jul 11, 2018 11:30 AM

Reply Helpful

Jul 12, 2018 12:50 PM in response to soccerdad0071 In response to soccerdad0071

Hi Kevin,

Reaching out from Mimeo Photos - we'd be happy to help you with your current and future Photobook, Card, and Calendar needs.

You can find us on the Mac App Store. For more information about our services, please reach out to us at help@mimeophotos.com.

- Mimeo Photos Team

Jul 12, 2018 12:50 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 20, 2018 12:51 PM in response to léonie In response to léonie

Hi Leonie,

Thanks for finding us in the Mac App Store. We're sorry to hear about this inconvenience. and we are actively working on this issue.

You can contact us directly at help@mimeophotos.com and someone will follow up with you directly.

- Mimeo Photos Team

Jul 20, 2018 12:51 PM

Reply Helpful

Jul 21, 2018 1:02 AM in response to help_MimeoPhotos In response to help_MimeoPhotos

Thank you. It is no longer necessary for me, because the most recent upgrade to version 2.0.1 of Mimeo fixed the crashes. Mimeo is now behaving as expected for me and working as described here:

And this upgrade makes it also possible to start with a nearly empty book and to add more photos later. that is a nice improvement. Having to start with all photos at once and having them out-placed has been horrible.

Jul 21, 2018 1:02 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 21, 2018 2:21 AM in response to help_MimeoPhotos In response to help_MimeoPhotos

Perhaps you can help this user: creating offline albums in Photos for Mac

It would make Mimeo much more versatile, if it allowed us to work offline.

Like the user in the linked discussion, I like to work on photo project when I am traveling during long distance flights or long train rides, or when being on a vacation at remote places without internet, in a rustic cabin or in a tent.

Then I have the most time to create projects. Is it really necessary to require an internet connection to be able to change the layout of book pages, to add captions, to add photos?

Jul 21, 2018 2:21 AM

Reply Helpful (1)

Jul 27, 2018 1:43 PM in response to happyhermes In response to happyhermes

no one knows for sure since Apple has not really made any announcements - for sure converting them to PDFs -- Preview a print project in Photos or iPhoto to avoid issues ... -- will allow you to save them and print through another service like Presto Photo later

LN

Jul 27, 2018 1:43 PM

Reply Helpful
User profile for user: soccerdad0071

Question: Is the photos built in print services finishing on September 30 2018