Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.8 lost my TV shows and movies

I just updated to iTunes 12.8, and upon restarting my computer, and firing up iTunes to watch my subscribed to TV episodes, my whole library is gone ! I have looked at the "hidden" purchases and they are not there. When I go to Account > Family Purchases they are all there, but I cannot play them, even for current subscriptions !!! *** Apple !!! WHen I go to iTunes Store, find my subscribed to TV show it shows I have purchased the season, but cannot download or play the episode ! Unless you can fix this Apple, I want a refund for all the TV shows I have purchased and no longer have access to... I have been a loyal Apple customer since the first iPod came out, yeah, the fat and while iPod, and have bought iPhones, an iPads, and an Apple TV -- however I have had issues with iTunes before, and maybe it is time for me to move off Apple products ? This is VERY frustrating, I can not watch TV shows for current season passes I have just purchased...

null-OTHER, Windows 7, iTunes on Windows 7 computer

Posted on Jul 13, 2018 7:07 PM

16 replies

Jul 15, 2018 6:09 AM in response to njaimo

Hi,

It looks like something in 12.8 has confused the iTunes in the Cloud library, for some users, which then shows incorrectly regardless of which desktop version of iTunes you subsequently use to connect to iTunes. Apple TV & iOS devices continue to show unhidden cloud purchases. Apple are aware of the issue so will be working to correct it as soon as possible. I'll let you know if I hear more, but you might want to contact Apple so that they know your account is affected.

tt2

Jul 15, 2018 9:22 PM in response to turingtest2

MANY Thanks for the replies "turingtest2". Seems the only items that appear in my library are those that I have actually downloaded to my computer. Perhaps Apple does not want us to simply stream content when we want to watch anymore, and will be requiring we download before watching ?.... At any rate, our purchases should appear on our library, whether we have them downloaded or not. Apple can easily decline to stream an item that has not been downloaded, and require you to do so to watch it.

I tried Apple Support several times when I initially found this, and got the website message that the site was "down" and "would be back soon"... I have not tried since, but will now.

I had done a Google search on this issue, and was surprised to find no hits, are people not using iTunes to watch TV series and movies anymore ?

Cheers !

Jul 16, 2018 10:59 AM in response to njaimo

I use my Apple TV mostly, which like iOS devices is unaffected by this bug. Many of Apple's support routes go though https://getsupport.apple.com which is currently broken for Windows 7 users. (I've tried reporting on that issue too.) I used Twitter to start a direct message chat with Apple Support who then set up a phone call, and I demonstrated the issue using screen sharing.

tt2

Jul 16, 2018 12:45 PM in response to njaimo

I too lost my movies that I purchased from iTunes in my library after I updated too All that shows in the library is a banner that says MOVIES go to iTunes store. All my 3 Computers has the same problems now.

It however shows up in the iTunes store purchased Only downloads, but I use to stream them before this with no issues. I just simply have no space on my HD. Some people said in other postings that they are unable to play the downloaded movies too. I wanted to buy 2 new movies from iTunes, but better not until apple can fix this problems.

iTunes 12.8 lost my TV shows and movies

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.