Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Software 11.4.1 WiFi connectivity issue

I recently update the software on my iPad Pro and iPhone 6S with the new software 11.4.1. However, since the update both my devices (iPad & iPhone) have developed intermittent connection to my home WiF. I did not have this problem before the newsoftware update and my partner has the same devices as me, purchased at the same time as mine, however they have not updated their software on both their devices and does not have the issue.

I have had had my home WiFi checked, just to rule it out, although there is nothing wrong with the WiFi service itself.

To reiterate, I did not have this issue of intermittent loss of WiFi Connection before the software and the issue arised for both of my devices immediately after the software uodate. Clearly this software issue/bug is the software itself and it needs to be raisd and escalated to soutward engineers to be rectified and a software fix be released.

I have called and and spoken to an Apple agent, who talked me through resetting the devices, but this does not sort the problem as the new software 11.4.1 is still on the devices and Apple customers are unable to revert to the previous software before the update.

I have read online that there is currently issue with the new software regarding access to apps in the App Store, although I have not experienced this issue.

Again the issue is intermittent loss of my wifi signal on both my iPad and iPhone and which arose imm after the new software 11.4.1 was installed. I did not have this issue before.

software engineers need to look into this and release a software fix update.

iPhone 6s, iOS 11.4.1, null

Posted on Jul 21, 2018 6:15 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Jul 31, 2018 9:17 AM in response to ID37

I've had this fixed for me. Spoke to technical team. they said the wifi network needs resetting by forgetting it and then re joining it.

They told me to go to settings/ general/ reset. The phone starts up. settings/ wi-fi/ touch the "i" in a circle/ forget This Network/ then back to wi-fi/ sign back into your network. That's it, all working again.

Let me know how it goes for you. Mine seems to be working perfectly again.

Software 11.4.1 WiFi connectivity issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.