Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Restart my iPhone fresh without having all my photos

So I’ve been having an iPhone for years and I basically have over 12,000 photos/videos but I recently got a new phone so I just want to start fresh, so I can have more storage. I already backed up my iPhone so everything can save but I just want to start new without having any of my old stuff. How can I do that?

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2018 9:36 AM

Hey, Daisyvega!

In order to start off fresh, you want to first reset your new iPhone to Factory Settings. You can do this by going into Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

After that, if asked, put in your Apple ID password and turn off Find my iPhone and confirm you want to erase your iPhone. Your phone will then erase and this will show up:

User uploaded file

Press home to open and select your region:

User uploaded file

After that, you will be asked this:

User uploaded file

If you have a device on iOS 11, you can set up Quick Start so it can sign in to your Apple ID quicker, if you'd like to skip this step, click Set Up Manually. Set up a WiFi or Cellular connection and put Touch ID or Face ID and a password. Then this will appear:

User uploaded file

You want to click "Set Up as New iPhone." This will make it so your iPhone comes like fresh out of the box and nothing like your photos and apps will transfer. The only problem with this method is that you'll have to re-install all apps you previously installed. After this, follow all on-screen instructions.

If you still have questions or something went wrong, I will be waiting here for a follow-up.

Cheers!

- Jorge1318.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2018 9:36 AM in response to Daisyvega

Hey, Daisyvega!

In order to start off fresh, you want to first reset your new iPhone to Factory Settings. You can do this by going into Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded fileUser uploaded file

After that, if asked, put in your Apple ID password and turn off Find my iPhone and confirm you want to erase your iPhone. Your phone will then erase and this will show up:

User uploaded file

Press home to open and select your region:

User uploaded file

After that, you will be asked this:

User uploaded file

If you have a device on iOS 11, you can set up Quick Start so it can sign in to your Apple ID quicker, if you'd like to skip this step, click Set Up Manually. Set up a WiFi or Cellular connection and put Touch ID or Face ID and a password. Then this will appear:

User uploaded file

You want to click "Set Up as New iPhone." This will make it so your iPhone comes like fresh out of the box and nothing like your photos and apps will transfer. The only problem with this method is that you'll have to re-install all apps you previously installed. After this, follow all on-screen instructions.

If you still have questions or something went wrong, I will be waiting here for a follow-up.

Cheers!

- Jorge1318.

Restart my iPhone fresh without having all my photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.