Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCPX Importing from Camera Archive

I have archived SD cards onto an external HD. I now want to import that archive into FCPX but I do not see it as a separate archive when I try to import it. I see all of the clips on the HD, but nothing showing that I can choose the particular archive I want. When importing, how can I just look at the individual archive instead of the thousands of clips on the HD?

iMac (27-inch, Late 2012), macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Jul 25, 2018 3:21 PM

Similar questions

8 replies

Jul 26, 2018 8:51 AM in response to Tom Wolsky

Tom, so I have about 20 archives on the external HD. I used this method as a way to back up the SD cards on the shoot. I went to Finder and chose one of the archives, hit control and clicked on it. Clicked on package contents and changed the names of DCIM and Private. Closed FCPX and reopened. Clicked Import and I do not see the Archive available.

I do remember reading something about the Archives need to be checked as a Favorite, which I thought I did. I am seeing an Archive available from another drive listed under Favorites, but not any of the 20 Archives that are on this new drive that I want to work on.

FCPX Importing from Camera Archive

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.