Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is Mac Tonic a reliable application?

Is MacTonic a reliable application? I paid for it but the installation process required my contacting a salesman who took control of my screen and tried to get me to pay an additional $500.00 for security software.

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Mac OS X (10.3.x)

Posted on Jul 31, 2018 1:18 PM

8 replies

Jul 31, 2018 1:23 PM in response to Stephen Foust

It doesn't seem to be reliable at all. Check this out: http://www.makeyourmacbetter.com/2017/11/02/remove-mac-tonic-virus-pop-upfrom-ma c-os-x/

There's another post regarding Mac Tonic in the Apple Support Communities. Maybe you want to check out what other members responded. Does anyone know anything about Mac Tonic. It just launched itself, aparenty from nowhere on my MacBook Air?

Jul 31, 2018 1:40 PM in response to Stephen Foust

MacTonic is bad news, but if you have permitted someone to remotley access your computer, MacTonic will be the least of your worries. You have permitted a criminal to access your computer, and should consider it and its contents compromised. Change all passwords that may have ever been used on that computer. Restore the computer using a back up that predates the intrusion. If you divulged financial info to the criminal, contact your bank to notify them if the fraud.

Is Mac Tonic a reliable application?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.