Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since upgrading to OS 10.13.4 I can't access an isight camera that is from an imac I used externally through a USB port on a Macbook pro. It worked fine with OS 10.13.3 and I can still see it in system profiler but not in QuickTime Player.

I have an iSight camera that used to be in an iMac that I modified to work as an external cam through the usb port on a MacBook Pro. The camera showed up in System Profiler as "built-in iSight" but worked and showed up in QuickTime Player (the app that loads with OS10.13.X) and also in QuickTime Player 7. Up to OS10.13.3 that is, after upgrading to OS10.13.4 the camera no longer works and would show as "vendor specific device". Since upgrading to OS10.13.6 the camera shows as " Built-iSight" in system Profiler but isn't accessible in QuickTime Player. What changed that won't allow the computer to access the camera? I also lost my DisplayLink USB interface for an extra DVI monitor that I used to monitor the camera. Can anyone help?

Built-in iSight:

Product ID: 0x8501

Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)

Version: 1.89

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Micron

Location ID: 0x1a121000 / 4

Current Available (mA): 500

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

Built-in iSight:

Product ID: 0x8501

Vendor ID: 0x05ac (Apple Inc.)

Version: 1.89

Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec

Manufacturer: Micron

Location ID: 0x1a121000 / 4

Current Available (mA): 500

Extra Operating Current (mA): 0

MacBook Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.4), MacBook Pro (13-inch, Mid 2012)

Posted on Aug 3, 2018 10:13 PM

Similar questions

There are no replies.

Since upgrading to OS 10.13.4 I can't access an isight camera that is from an imac I used externally through a USB port on a Macbook pro. It worked fine with OS 10.13.3 and I can still see it in system profiler but not in QuickTime Player.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.