Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud backup didn't restore al my messages

I restored my iPhone from Icloud backup all things are right in their places but a lot of my messages are gone. When I enter in messages I still have some of them the read ones, But the unread ones are on backup so I can't see those.

iPhone 7 Plus, iOS 11.4

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 1:19 AM

2 replies

Aug 7, 2018 1:31 PM in response to hurchialex

Hey, hurchialex.

I see that you've restored your iPhone using an iCloud backup. The issue is, a lot of your unread messages are missing, and I'm happy to help.

About missing information after you restore your iOS device with iCloud Backup -- You came to Apple Support Communities from a great article. If the messages you're looking for weren't part of the backup you restored, you can see if another backup included them. The information you need is below:

About your Messages and Voice Memos data

When you use Messages in iCloud, your text messages automatically upload to iCloud. They aren’t included in your backup. After you restore your device from iCloud Backup, stay connected to Wi-Fi so that your text messages can begin to download.

Your Voice Memos are included in iCloud Backup. If you turn off Messages in iCloud, your text messages and attachments no longer upload automatically, but they will save in your next iCloud Backup. Your Messages attachments download in the background when you restore. Stay connected to Wi-Fi until the process finishes. The time it takes to restore depends on the size of your backup and the speed of your Wi-Fi.

Sometimes, if you restore a device from a backup of another kind of device, your Messages and Voice Memos won’t restore. For example, if you use an iPad backup to restore an iPhone, your Messages and Voice Memos may not appear on the iPhone.

Take care, and enjoy your day!

iCloud backup didn't restore al my messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.