Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Go to other device to approve THIS iphone (2 Factor Verification)

Hi Team,

I have an iphone 8 plus and mac book pro. I am not able to login to both the devices using my iCloud credentials.

After doing most or all of what was required for the two factor authentication, I discovered that: in settings, under my name, it says "Update Apple ID Settings" When I click on that, it says, "Some account services require you to sign in again." When I select "Continue," it then asks for my password. When I enter the password and hit OK, it asks me to enter my passcode.

When I do, I keep getting this message: "Approve this iPhone. Go to one of your other devices signed in to iCloud to approve this iPhone." Below that, I continually says, "Waiting for approval."

Also noticed that I have an option when it is "Waiting for approval" mode (on the iPhone) that says: "Can't approve this iPhone?" That leads "Reset Protected Data" or "Cancel"

How to get out of this endless loop

Any help would be appreciated.Thanks in advance.

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 4:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 7, 2018 4:27 PM

Have you signed into the same Apple/iCloud on the Mac?

Can you explain what you mean by "most or all" of the Two-Factor Authentication setup? Is Two-Factor completed for iCloud on the Mac? Have you checked System Preferences>iCloud to make sure it doesn't want you to do something else there?

Best,

GB

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 7, 2018 4:27 PM in response to kamakshifromhillsboro

Have you signed into the same Apple/iCloud on the Mac?

Can you explain what you mean by "most or all" of the Two-Factor Authentication setup? Is Two-Factor completed for iCloud on the Mac? Have you checked System Preferences>iCloud to make sure it doesn't want you to do something else there?

Best,

GB

Go to other device to approve THIS iphone (2 Factor Verification)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.