Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS Calendar app shows "!" next to all calendars, but they sync OK

The Calendar apps on my iPhone and iPad generally work fine - events from subscribed calendars are synchronized across all of my Apple devices Just Fine.

HOWEVER, on both my iPhone and iPad, the list of calendars (viewed by tapping "Calendars" from the main app screen) shows the red, circled exclamation point next to all of my iCloud subscribed calendars. (Exceptions: the Birthdays and Siri Found in Apps calendars do not have the exclamation point, but neither are listed as iCloud calendars.)

I have tried (1) quitting and restarting Calendars, (2) re-booting the phone (including "hard" reset), and (3) signing out of and back into my iCloud account on the iPhone. No change to the exclamation point status.

This has been going on for at least a week now (that's when I first noticed it, but admittedly the problem could have started before then).

I do not see any error conditions in my iCloud account under either iOS or MacOS.

Both the iPhone and iPad are up-to-date with respect to system software.

Admittedly, I could just continue on my merry way, given that events do seem to sync just fine, but I'm never comfortable living with apparent error conditions on an ongoing basis.

I'm stumped! Any constructive suggestions???

iPhone 8, iOS 11.2.6

Posted on Aug 8, 2018 4:43 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 1:49 PM

Hi there, drengfer.

I see that you've found something new in the Calendar application on your iPhone and iPad. You've expressed some concern regarding a symbol that appears when you check the Calendar list, and I'm happy to help.

Use multiple calendars - iPhone User Guide -- The symbol you're seeing is a circle with the letter "i". If you tap it, you can change the color of the calendar.

User uploaded file

Take care, and enjoy your day!

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2018 1:49 PM in response to drengfer

Hi there, drengfer.

I see that you've found something new in the Calendar application on your iPhone and iPad. You've expressed some concern regarding a symbol that appears when you check the Calendar list, and I'm happy to help.

Use multiple calendars - iPhone User Guide -- The symbol you're seeing is a circle with the letter "i". If you tap it, you can change the color of the calendar.

User uploaded file

Take care, and enjoy your day!

iOS Calendar app shows "!" next to all calendars, but they sync OK

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.