Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How come my photos are not restored on my new device using iCloud backup?

I just replaced my iphone 7. Photos are not restored on new device. Last backup was done last night using iCloud. When I click albums, there are no albums, however when I click photos, it says updating. And when I click memories, it says scanning. This has been going on for almsot an hour and no photo has appeared.

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 9:20 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2018 9:26 PM

Depending on the amount of photos you have the process can take hours. I would also recommend checking the Settings>your name>iCloud>iCloud back up. To see if it has a progress wheel spinning. Or check iCloud.com to see if the photos are show here (if so turn on iCloud Photo Library in iCloud settings.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2018 9:26 PM in response to Saba_d

Depending on the amount of photos you have the process can take hours. I would also recommend checking the Settings>your name>iCloud>iCloud back up. To see if it has a progress wheel spinning. Or check iCloud.com to see if the photos are show here (if so turn on iCloud Photo Library in iCloud settings.

How come my photos are not restored on my new device using iCloud backup?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.