Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Time zone does not update automatically

I have an iPhone X and my wife has an iPhone 8 Plus. We live in Tallahassee (EST) and travel quite frequently to our daughter's home in Crestview (CST). When we drive TO Crestview our phones switch time automatically as they should. However, when we come back to Tallahassee they do not switch back to EST. We have tried all possible settings in the phones and nothing works unless we MANUALLY change them back after arriving home in Tallahassee. Is there a solution to where we don't have to do this manually each & every time we make this drive (several times per month)?

iPhone X, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 8:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 12, 2018 9:03 AM

Go to Settings/General/Date & Time and make sure you have Set Automatically turned on. Also go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services. Make sure it is on. Then scroll down to System Services at the bottom, tap on it, and verify that Setting Time Zone is on. Finally, go to Settings/Cellular, verify that it is On, and verify that Clock is On.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 12, 2018 9:03 AM in response to djm6765

Go to Settings/General/Date & Time and make sure you have Set Automatically turned on. Also go to Settings/Privacy/Location Services. Make sure it is on. Then scroll down to System Services at the bottom, tap on it, and verify that Setting Time Zone is on. Finally, go to Settings/Cellular, verify that it is On, and verify that Clock is On.

Aug 12, 2018 9:48 AM in response to Lawrence Finch

All of those settings were already on. I have tried everything to make sure I wouldn’t have an issue and I still have the problem each time I travel. When we traveled the time switched as soon as we crossed time zones from EST to CST. When we came home nothing switched back and it still wasn’t switched this morning until I manually switched it. Very frustrating.

Time zone does not update automatically

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.