Newsroom Update

New features come to Apple services this fall. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes music not showing up in imovie

The music I have purchased on my MacBook Pro, isn't showing up in iMovie. I have the song downloaded and have gone to iTunes preferences and allowed my iTunes library to share with other applications. Also, my playlist are appearing in iMovie, but none of the songs. How do I fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Aug 15, 2018 3:00 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 15, 2018 7:25 PM

Hi, Amelia,

You said that your iTunes songs were "downloaded". To make sure we are on the same page, your iTunes music must be downloaded to the physical iTunes library in order to be accessible by iMovie. They won't be accessible if they are stored in the cloud. You would need to download them from the cloud.

If your songs are in fact downloaded to the iTunes library itself, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to access your projects. Then see if the iTunes songs appear.

-- Rich

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 15, 2018 7:25 PM in response to Amelia226

Hi, Amelia,

You said that your iTunes songs were "downloaded". To make sure we are on the same page, your iTunes music must be downloaded to the physical iTunes library in order to be accessible by iMovie. They won't be accessible if they are stored in the cloud. You would need to download them from the cloud.

If your songs are in fact downloaded to the iTunes library itself, try opening iMovie while holding down the Option and Command keys and selecting to delete preferences in the box that appears. iMovie will open in a new library. Reopen your old library to access your projects. Then see if the iTunes songs appear.

-- Rich

iTunes music not showing up in imovie

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.