Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple has no MusicCast connect ?

Dear all,

As I'm afraid Apple service will not answer my Q before my free trial of Apple Music will end I'll try it this way by the Community:

Situation:

All my Hifi Stereo devices are multiroom controlled by android Yamaha MusicCast and works fine on all rooms with all sources integrated on the app:

Spotify connect, Deezer, Tidal, Qobuz, etc. but NO 'Apple' source.

On my laptop I have purchased thousands of tracks on iTunes, so I can't play them on my music devices (Hifi receivers) connected through MusicCast.

(workaround like Bluetooth = bad quality).

Q:

Does anyone has a solution now or expected in the short future, how to play official purchased iTunes tracks on offline MusicCast controlled Hifi receivers in high quality ?

If not, should I step over from iTunes to e.g. Google Play, Beatport, .... any experience which one is best (electronic music) and if it's possible to take over my iTunes library ?

Thanks all for your help !

Posted on Aug 20, 2018 4:05 AM

Similar questions

4 replies

Aug 20, 2018 9:08 PM in response to redwinecarl

Thanks for your reply RedwineCarl.

I assume you mean iTunes app in Windows 10 on your PC or laptop ?

On my laptop it works indeed (clicking in iTunes on speakers symbol choosing all MusicCast rooms) , but was looking for a solution 'without starting up my laptop'.

So in fact only using my Android smartphone to stream Apple Music (in sync of my uploaded iTunes playlists) through my MusicCast controller app to all my HiFi devices.

Aug 21, 2018 1:02 PM in response to redwinecarl

Dear,

It is the download of MusicCast app on my smartphone that I'm using (what I meant with 'MusicCast controller').

Just received a reply from Yamaha MusicCast service center stating that currently they don't support Apple Music, so no need to further investigate.

They only support Airplay on compatible hardware (what I don't have).

So case closed.

Kind regards,

Kris.

Apple has no MusicCast connect ?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.