Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Forwarding phone and texts from iPhone without a SIM card

I am planning on going abroad and when I'm there I will be purchasing a SIM card in another country. I have an iPhone 7 and I use verizon in the US.

My issue is that I would like to be able to listen to voice mail messages and receive text messages (via email would be fine) from my US SIM card.

Questions:

- If I remove my US SIM card, does it still record voicemails and therefore I can call my US number and listen to them?

- How can I forward text messages to an email address without my US SIM card in my phone? Will I need to get some old phone in the US and leave my SIM in there, plugged in, and therefore I can do this?

(Note I don't just want to use my US SIM abroad due to cost).

Thanks in advance.

iPhone 7, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 30, 2018 9:08 AM

pizzanapolitana wrote:

I am planning on going abroad and when I'm there I will be purchasing a SIM card in another country. I have an iPhone 7 and I use verizon in the US.

My issue is that I would like to be able to listen to voice mail messages and receive text messages (via email would be fine) from my US SIM card.

Questions:

- If I remove my US SIM card, does it still record voicemails and therefore I can call my US number and listen to them?

- How can I forward text messages to an email address without my US SIM card in my phone? Will I need to get some old phone in the US and leave my SIM in there, plugged in, and therefore I can do this?

Thanks in advance.

These are questions that you need to ask Verizon, these are all their features.

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 30, 2018 9:08 AM in response to pizzanapolitana

pizzanapolitana wrote:

Questions:

Thanks in advance.

These are questions that you need to ask Verizon, these are all their features.

Forwarding phone and texts from iPhone without a SIM card

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.