Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No native mechanism to verify BaseSystem.dmg

I have been trying to reinstall macOS since past 48hrs now but it get stuck everytime somewhere on the middle. Sometime internet recovery progress bar stuck and the globe icon remain on screen for hours. sometime it completes the download and question mark flashes on screen. Sometimes the installation of OS itself stucks in middle. I have been trying to search answers to this on many blogs but none was able to address the issue. Guys, please advise with the resolution, I have already lost my data but do not want to end up losing my Mac now. Here is the screenshot attached.

User uploaded file

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 3:12 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 3, 2018 11:21 PM

I have formatted the drive in APFS and reininitiated the installation of macOS. But now it has stuck again with error "Failed to verify InstallESDMG.pkg : xar_verify failed" Please help how to proceed further from here as macOS installation is being stuck 7th time now. Here's the screenshotUser uploaded file

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 4, 2018 7:53 AM in response to adityasinghal02

adityasinghal02 wrote:

I have formatted the drive in APFS and reininitiated the installation of macOS.

...macOS installation is being stuck 7th time now.

You need to erase/format that Disk as GUID/Extended Journaled—let the installer convert to APFS

Verify in DiskUtility>View >Show all Devices— you need to be erasing/formating the parent Device/Disk not the child volume.

No native mechanism to verify BaseSystem.dmg

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.