Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic I/O assignments showing nothing under ‘inputs’ tab

My NI Traktor S4 MK 2 audio interface is set up as my audio device in Logic. Under I/O output tab I have outputs 1 and 2 selected. But under the I/O input tab there is nothing but a blank pane with no choices to make. Native Instruments ran I script on my machine to check my settings and they concluded everything is up to date and should be working. They said they couldn’t replicate the fault at their end, and I should contact Apple.

I can use Logic with the S4 MK2 for everything except for Audio input. (Playback of projects works as expected)

In Mac ’audio Settings’ the input works, I can see the meter rise and fall with the signal from a microphone. Has anyone else seen a fault where their audio interface isnt shown as an input in I/O assignments?

cheers, Stu

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 2:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2018 4:45 AM

I have this figured out incase anyone else is struggling with it:

I had to go to Logic Preferences, Advanced, and enable all.

I’m not sure which of the options was the fix, enabling all gave me access to the inputs in I/O Assignments.

Cheers

Stu

Similar questions

5 replies

Sep 7, 2018 9:47 AM in response to stewartcattanach

Wow! Thanks for posting back.

The Advanced options when disabled show no Inputs?

What a stupid thing for Apple engineers to come up with. (or was it marketing)

No previous version of Logic had "advanced tools", they added it to Logic X to "make it easier" for Garageband upgrades to adapt. However, I've yet to see one Garageband upgrader say thank you for dumbing down Logic for me.

Logic I/O assignments showing nothing under ‘inputs’ tab

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.