Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

frustrating HIGH SIERRA, help, thanks

Good afternoon everyone,

I go to my apple login, says I can upgrade free to High Sierra, so I download, computer restarts, then the upper right says update, I click on it, then says I have to update OS to update my billing info, WHAT A CONTRADICTION !

that's why I'm updating in the first place, since I need the new OS to update my billing info, and I'm on 10.8.5

The download disappears ?, help please, thank you.

Mac Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.5)

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 4:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 6, 2018 5:15 PM

Permanat waves wrote:

I need the new OS to update my billing info, and I'm on 10.8.5

It of course is a free download, you just need to stay current your billing information.

Try these options:

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

If you are still having trouble"

iTunes Store - Contact Us - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 6, 2018 5:15 PM in response to Permanat waves

Permanat waves wrote:

I need the new OS to update my billing info, and I'm on 10.8.5

It of course is a free download, you just need to stay current your billing information.

Try these options:

If your payment method is declined, or you have a billing issue in the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

Change or remove your Apple ID payment information - Apple Support

If you are still having trouble"

iTunes Store - Contact Us - Apple Support

Contact Apple for help with Apple ID account security - Apple Support

Sep 6, 2018 5:50 PM in response to Permanat waves

When it restarts, on the top right it says to update or read details, I press update, then it asks to update billing info, try to update billing info, then says update OS to update billing info (WOW).

I did update the billing info through my PC, everything is current, so I'm stumped (Permanat waves)

Thanks so much for your time. Also I'm a big time RUSH fan, bass player, used to be in a RUSH tribute band.

frustrating HIGH SIERRA, help, thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.