Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Glitchy iPad - ghost in the machine?!

Hi there, I’m having some issues with my iPad. It has randomly started glitching as if someone else is tapping apps. When I try to enter text or numbers the ghost in the machine takes over and enters uuuuummmmiihhhhh or whatever - big string of rubbish. I’ve tried resetting - sometimes works for an hour or so. Last night I restored it back to as if it was brand new device - totally wiped it. Now it’s doing it again: enlarging items on screen when watching a movie, switching between apps by itself, typing rubbish. Any ideas what could be wrong and how to fix it? As far as I know it has not been dropped or anything. It’s in a protective case.

Thanks

Posted on Sep 8, 2018 9:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 8, 2018 9:45 AM

Visit an Apple Store or Authorized Apple Service Center. Let them assess it and advise you how to proceed.

1 reply

Glitchy iPad - ghost in the machine?!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.