Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad and iCloud issue

I’ve done everything. I’ve checked the sign in details, date & time settings, iCloud status. I’ve logged in and out and in again, but my files will not sync or upload from my iPad. I’ve turned off and on sync. Everything. I’ve even removed the Dropbox app. I’ve got almost the full 2 TB iCloud space free and I can download files from the iCloud to my device.

Calendars, messages and notes synchronise perfectly.

I can create a new older in the Files app and it appears on all my other devices.

Using the iPad, if I try and save a file, sync a file or copy/move a file to anywhere on the iCloud drive, I get “Waiting to upload“. For days. I don’t have the problem on my iPhone or Mac, just the iPad.

Any ideas? Or is this one of those “iOS 11.4.1 issues”? Wait for iOS 12?

Advice greatly appreciated.

iPad Pro Wi-Fi, iOS 11.4.1

Posted on Sep 11, 2018 5:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 13, 2018 10:25 AM

Now resolved. Either the Apple servers were having a hiccup, or my backing up of “Documents” and “Downloads” to a hard drive then deleting the contents of the iCloud equivalents did the trick.

Although my iCloud usage was a tiny proportion of the available space, there were hundreds of thousands of files to sync - Mac Pro and MacBook Pro system files (why they were syncing with iCloud I do not know) seemed to be to blame. I’m slowly “turning on” the backups, folder by folder to see where the problem is.

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 13, 2018 10:25 AM in response to TheBishop101

Now resolved. Either the Apple servers were having a hiccup, or my backing up of “Documents” and “Downloads” to a hard drive then deleting the contents of the iCloud equivalents did the trick.

Although my iCloud usage was a tiny proportion of the available space, there were hundreds of thousands of files to sync - Mac Pro and MacBook Pro system files (why they were syncing with iCloud I do not know) seemed to be to blame. I’m slowly “turning on” the backups, folder by folder to see where the problem is.

Sep 11, 2018 3:02 PM in response to TheBishop101

Update : Things are changing. All old items “Waiting to upload” now state “Upload error”. Creating new folders now fails - also with “Upload error”. They worked fine 1/2 an hour ago..

All new items sent to iCloud from the iPad now also have a status of “Upload error” - still have no problems downloading from iCloud to iPad.

Something is changing - at least I know it’s not a hardware issue!

iPad and iCloud issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.