Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote hyperlinks

I've set up a presentation with the first slide as a contents slide with each of the presentation categories in a list. Each item is a link to the first slide in that category. The last slide in each category has a link back to the contents slide.

This works exactly as expected on both my Mac Pro and MacBook Pro when either played or using Rehearse but when I connect my laptop to a projector, clicking a link just transitions to the next slide i.e. if I click the link to section 8, when not connected to the projector it will jump to section 8 but when it is connected to the projector it just transitions to section 1.

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 1:44 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 14, 2018 10:33 AM

The Presentation Display (on the projector) is the active screen for hyperlinks.

Hyperlinks do not work from the Presenter Display (on the MacBook) but clicking anywhere on the Presenter Display will advance to the next slide.

Therefore, you must click the mouse on an object on the projector image.

Similar questions

3 replies

Sep 15, 2018 3:14 AM in response to macfan7

When the Presentation Display (the projector) is positioned correctly, the mouse is moved continually across the MacBook display on to the Presentation Display.

Go to: Apple Menu > System Preferences > Displays > Arrangement

I prefer the Presentation Display positioned to the middle right hand side of the primary screen:

User uploaded file

The secondary display, can be positioned anywhere around all four sides, including the corners:

User uploaded file

To move the placement of the second display, click and drag the secondary display's icon to the new location.

Keynote hyperlinks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.