Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari passwords autofill in iOS 12 on iPad Pro 9.7 with Keyboard?

First day wiyth iOS 12 and I can no longer get auto-fill of website credentials with iPad Pro 9.7. I’ve tested with and without keyboard. I checked keychain and credentials are still there BUT there is a triangle warning sign next to some credentials, including the one not working. What does the triangle mean and how to I get password auto-fill working again? For illustration, I’ve taken a screenshot of the warning triangles.

User uploaded file

iPad Pro 9.7-inch WiFi, Cellular, iOS 12, null

Posted on Sep 18, 2018 7:17 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 9, 2018 3:06 AM

The triangle is a warning that you’re using that same password with at least one other account. Tap on it to view it and it will list the other places your reusing that same password.

In settings, go to TouchID & passwords and make sure auto fill is enabled.

8 replies

Oct 9, 2018 3:11 AM in response to DavidH0608

Okay chaps... if I read this correctly, you’re not alone. These discussion threads (the latter of which I started as soon as iOS12 was released) might help or give some insight:

iOS12 Split Keyboard issues

iOS12.0 Safari Autofill Bug

If you could also confirm here that you are using the iOS Split Keyboard, that would be helpful. If so, as this forum is just user-to-user help, please do two other important things:

1) Provide feedback about the problem and its symtoms, described as a bug, directly to Apple. You won’t get a reply to your feedback submission, but the problem should be statistically logged:

Feedback - iPad - Apple

2) Very important - Raise an actual bug report with Apple Technical Support. You can do this by working through the submission process using the Apple Support App:

- Apple Support App, Get Support, choose aftected device, choose topic (Apps and Features), scroll to the bottom of the symptoms list and select Get more help, enter a short and accurate description of the problem - and you should be presented with the option to schedule a call with a real, live, support Agent - then it’s up to you to communicate the issue/bug as, hopefully, a support case will be raised with the correct team.

Be prepared to spend some time with the Support process as you should be contacted by an Apple Support Agent - persist long enough and you’ll hopefully be passed to Level 2 support.

As it appears that many people use the full on-screen keyboard instead of the Split Keyboard feature, assuming this is indeed your problem, it is vital that this issue gets reported/exposure so that it gets appropriate response from Apple. Only if enough complaints are received will Apple assign resource to address a fault (such as the .?123 shift-key issue addressed by the 12.0.1 patch).

Safari passwords autofill in iOS 12 on iPad Pro 9.7 with Keyboard?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.