Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Garageband 10.3.1 all loops not indexing

There are loops stored in Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple that do not index into Garageband. I have downloaded all available sounds from GB and updated sounds. I have reindexed from the loop browser & manually dragged the folders storing all the caf file. and it doesn't hold certain loops. Meaning I have the file in the folder but it will not show in the loop browser. For example, any loop in the 09 Disco Funk folder with the word "polyester" is in the folder and not in the browser. I do not have the time to go through every single one individually but it seems like there are maybe thousands missing (i was in the 16,xxx range and now am at 15,794 or 15,800 on most machines). It is strange that it was there before and then suddenly gone.

This has occurred across multiple machines from mid 2012 Macbook pro, 2009 unibody Macbooks, late 2009 iMac and mid 2010 Macbook pro.

GarageBand 10, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 6:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 11:52 AM

belskis68 wrote:

There are loops stored in Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple that do not index into Garageband.

one quick guess... you may be running into a feature rather than a problem.

not all loops will be available in all projects; loops in a different time signature than the current project will not be displayed (e.g. if your project is 4/4, no 3/4 loops will be displayed).

additionally, by default, loops in a key too from from the key of the current project (2 semitones) will not be displayed. this behavior can be changed by un-ticking the Keyword Browsing checkbox in GB's prefs, though the time signature restriction still applies

Similar questions

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 20, 2018 11:52 AM in response to belskis68

belskis68 wrote:

There are loops stored in Library>Audio>Apple Loops>Apple that do not index into Garageband.

one quick guess... you may be running into a feature rather than a problem.

not all loops will be available in all projects; loops in a different time signature than the current project will not be displayed (e.g. if your project is 4/4, no 3/4 loops will be displayed).

additionally, by default, loops in a key too from from the key of the current project (2 semitones) will not be displayed. this behavior can be changed by un-ticking the Keyword Browsing checkbox in GB's prefs, though the time signature restriction still applies

Garageband 10.3.1 all loops not indexing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.