Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music album artwork not showing?

I recently updated my phone to ios 12 and ever since the album artwork on apple music isn't showing. I know this is a small issue but it is kinda frustrating

Posted on Sep 20, 2018 10:01 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 30, 2018 2:59 AM

Tried the recommended action, didn’t work. It’s only happening on my phone and only with music that I’ve added since updating to iOS 12, everything already in my library prior to updating still has its artwork. Below is how it’s displaying.User uploaded file

105 replies

Sep 21, 2018 2:33 PM in response to daejohn

Hi daejohn,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're not seeing album artwork in Apple Music after updating to iOS 12. I know it's important for Apple Music to function properly; I'm happy to help. First, if you haven't already, close the Music app and restart your iPhone: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch

If you're still unable to see album artwork, remove one of the affected songs or albums and add it back; does the artwork repopulate?

Does this affect songs that you've added to your Apple Music Library? Are you able to see album artwork when browsing Apple Music?

Do you use Apple Music with any other devices?

Best Regards.

Oct 12, 2018 10:10 AM in response to daejohn

I am experiencing the exact same issue. Additionally, whenever I listen to music via Bluetooth, the audio sounds low quality. Sometimes the album art loads, sometimes it doesn’t. I’ve tried listening via Bluetooth on my MacBook and iPad, but they sound perfectly fine, therefore I know it’s not the headphones that I’m using that make the audio sound so bad. Any help would be great, really considering switching to Spotify, even though I love Apple Music.

Nov 6, 2018 10:11 AM in response to daejohn

You need to:

remove all downloaded music in the Music app

(only if you downloaded it from Music to iPhone. if you only added it to the library ignore this step)

• switch off iCloud Music Library in both iPhone settings and iTunes
  • backup iPhone to computer or iCloud or both through iTunes
  • restore iPhone to factory settings through iTunes
  • restore iPhone to the backup though iTunes
  • turn iCloud Music Library back on in both iTunes and iPhone settings
  • Update iCloud Music Library through iTunes
  • sync iPhone through iTunes

Open the Music app on iPhone - all the artwork will be back.

Nov 6, 2018 10:13 AM in response to daejohn

You need to:

remove all downloaded music in the Music app

(only if you downloaded it from Music to iPhone. if you only added it to the library ignore this step)

• switch off iCloud Music Library in both iPhone settings and iTunes
  • backup iPhone to computer or iCloud or both through iTunes
  • restore iPhone to factory settings through iTunes
  • restore iPhone to the backup though iTunes
  • turn iCloud Music Library back on in both iTunes and iPhone settings
  • Update iCloud Music Library through iTunes
  • sync iPhone through iTunes

Open the Music app on iPhone - all the artwork will be back.

Nov 30, 2018 10:30 AM in response to daejohn

This was happening to me too. I read the previous suggestions and none worked so.... this is what I do. I do apply some of the previous suggested steps and added a couple of caveats not mentioned, I hope this helps, (if you haven't resolved this issue):

• From my iPhone went to Settings/Music/iCloud Music Library

Turned Off/On

• From my iPhone still in Settings/General/iPhone Storage

Offloaded Apps I don't frequently use, (to create space)

• From my Mac went to Apple Music/iTunes Match

Refreshed

• Rebooted Phone

This takes me about 2 - 3 minutes and I get my artwork back. During my last phone software update, I didn't have enough storage space, so I needed to offload some apps to create space. Once I did that and updated my phone software, I noticed my album artwork came back as well. So I just followed this same process once my album artwork stopped downloading.

I hope this works for you.

Oct 9, 2018 5:42 AM in response to iNossion

I also updated to 12.0.1 and still have multiple albums in my iTunes library that have no artwork and I can’t download. I’ve tried the suggested solutions here and nothing has worked. It would be nice to know if this issue is being evaluated.

If it helps, all albums that I’ve purchased from the iTunes Store display album artwork. All albums that I add to my iTunes library via Apple Music do not display artwork. I can’t download any music on my phone regardless of its origin.

Oct 10, 2018 11:38 AM in response to Teddy_B

After removing one of the affected songs and adding it back, there's still no artwork.

It does affect songs i've added before the iOS 12 update, but the issue started after updating it. I can see about 10 of the artworks in my library, the artwork in the playlists i've created before doesn´t show either. The only time I can see the artwork is when browsing.

I rarely use apple music on other devices but when using it on my laptop, the artwork does show.

I've tried everything they've said in this thread and contacted costumer support without getting any reply, still have the issue.

This is getting really annoying, please help.

Oct 10, 2018 8:31 PM in response to daejohn

I am also experiencing large amounts of missing album artwork in Apple Music. Like everyone else here, the problem began affecting my iOS devices after upgrading to iOS 12 and none of the troubleshooting measures have had any effect. Album artwork in iTunes on my iMac appears properly. I am extremely disappointed that iOS 12.0.1 did not repair the issue. This bug is annoying, frustrating and needs to be fixed by Apple engineers quickly. Apple Music was formerly one of my favorite apps.

Apple Music album artwork not showing?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.