Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Colours (Color) washed out on IOS12 (IphoneX)

Since upgrading to IOS12, the colours on my iPhoneX have changed in a weird way.

It looks like saturation has been increased but the white balance is off, home screen looks "washed out".

This is being widely reported but i have seen no mention of it here.

Has there been any offical acknowledgment on this? It looks horrible and is hurting my eyes.

I've tried turning off True Tone and the White Balance option in Accessibility - both have little effect on the overall "washed out" look

For example:

iPhone X Screen on iOS12 ... Saturated? | Page 7 | MacRumors Forums

Posted on Sep 21, 2018 3:38 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 4, 2018 4:14 AM in response to nemesisdoctor

Your "solution" does not work for me. My screen is still not operating to specification - the OLED display no longer fulfils Apple's claim of having "HDR display with the industry’s best color accuracy, true blacks, and remarkable brightness and contrast". Quite frankly, it looks terrible and I am no longer enjoying using my iPhone X.

This is definitely a software issue, as it only manifests itself upon updating to iOS12. Apple therefore need to release a software fix.

Everyone, please, please report the issue using the feedback form: Feedback - iPhone - Apple

Oct 4, 2018 1:33 AM in response to HeavenCore

SOLVED!!!

my issue has been completely resolved, screen is back to normal and beautiful again:

1. Connect iphone to itunes
  2. Enter into recovery mode (see on youtube how to do it)
  3. Choose UPDATE (even if there is no updates for your iPhone)
  4. Once your phone will wake up from the process (itunes logo on screen will disappear, you phone will just enter standard operations, even without system re-instalation, you will have your screen back to normal!!!)

Worked like a charm!

Colours (Color) washed out on IOS12 (IphoneX)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.