Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Since recent updates, iTunes not recognizing iPod Touch

I sync music from iTunes to two iPod Touches (6th Gen, both running iOS 12). My MacBook Pro is running the latest version of High Sierra.

Today, I attempted to sync both of these iPods, and iTunes would not recognize either one (although I got the notices to trust and responded accordingly). I went through all the troubleshooting steps, restarted all the devices, even tried on another MacBook Pro that accesses the same library--same result. I tried the various usb ports and tried different cables. Finally called Apple Support, who went through the exact same steps with the same (non) result that I got. Eventually we did the data capture and uploaded the logs to Apple and I now have an open ticket.

Is anyone else experiencing anything like this? The only thing I can conceivably relate it to is recent updates to High Sierra and/or iOS. I don't recall exactly the last time I synced my iPods, but it was within the past 3 weeks or so. Everything worked fine then, and today everything just pretty much went to ****.

iPod touch, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 3:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 7:11 PM

Never mind, solved following these instructions: iTunes 12.8.0.150 Doesn't See iPhone

Similar questions

1 reply

Since recent updates, iTunes not recognizing iPod Touch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.