Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod not showing as available airplay speaker on iTunes, iPhone, iPad.

HomePod not showing as available airplay speaker on iTunes, iPhone or iPad. Although the Homepod worked with only Siri commands it did not show up as an Airplay speaker. Now it does .....

I had this problem for a few weeks and found out that the root cause of this problem is the router, not the Homepod itself. I resolved this issue on my Fritz!box 7490 router by permit the Homepod access to the Internet via menu Internet/Permit Access/Port Sharing and add the Homepod.

All devices connected with the FRITZ!Box are safe from unauthorized access from the Internet. However, certain applications (like online games) must be accessible for other users in the Internet. By configuring port sharing you can allow such connections.

Device / Name IP address Sharing Port assigned externally
IPv4
Port assigned externally
IPv6
Independent
Port sharing
Living xxx.xxx.xxx.xx

HomePod, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 23, 2018 11:28 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

Sep 24, 2018 2:16 AM in response to marijn22

Clearly HomePod needs access to the Internet for it to work at all. Perhaps the change you've made has also affected how the device appears on your local network. AirPlay relies on the ability of your local network devices to talk to each other as well as the Internet. Some routers have features such as client isolation that prevent this.

tt2

HomePod not showing as available airplay speaker on iTunes, iPhone, iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.