Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot Download El Capitan

I have a MacBook Pro MD313LL/A from late 2011. I am currently running Yosemite 10.10.5. I tried downloading 10.11 El Capitan from the App Store but get a pop up saying "This version of OS X 10.11 cannot be installed on this computer." I believe my Macbook should be able to support El Capitan. Any advice on what I am doing wrong or is this not possible? Thanks in advance!

MacBook Pro, iOS 10

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 3:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 2:10 PM

You are getting that error because your computer can run Sierra/High Sierra. Your only options are to upgrade to Sierra/High Sierra or find an older computer where you can download it using your Apple ID.

3 replies

Cannot Download El Capitan

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.