Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 12 auto lock "Never" not working

I have a few iPad Mini's where I work setup in Conference Rooms that control the AV equipment. They are all running Logitech Harmony app. A user can walk in, hit an option on iPad and it turns on the correct equipment for them to use.

Since I upgraded to iOS 12 on all three, I always have set auto lock to NEVER so the Harmony app would stay on the screen at all times, but since the upgrade, the screen is turning off. I have Hard reset devices multiples time, toggled it to two minutes, and back to never...nothing is working.

I do have iPads in Guided Access mode as well, so users can only access the Harmony app, nothing else.

Any ideas? I Googled the issue and saw same post on iMore's support page as well.

Thanks!

iPad Mini Wi-Fi, iOS 12

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 9:28 AM

Similar questions

8 replies

Nov 12, 2018 9:55 AM in response to erdenee0104

Looks like you have the option "Passcode" enabled. This option is default enabled in some iOs versions for security reasons. Please try the following:

Turn off "Passcode" by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (your will be asked to enter your passcode or a new password if it was not previously set) > and tap Turn Passcode Off. Then restart your device.

Nov 12, 2018 10:20 AM in response to Neoxandres

Neoxandres wrote:

Looks like you have the option "Passcode" enabled. This option is default enabled in some iOs versions for security reasons. Please try the following:

Turn off "Passcode" by going to Settings > Touch ID & Passcode (your will be asked to enter your passcode or a new password if it was not previously set) > and tap Turn Passcode Off. Then restart your device.

In addition to not being a solution to the OP's problem, this is very, very bad advice. Removing the passcode will leave the phone and its data vulnerable.

iOS 12 auto lock "Never" not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.