Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to change system font in Mojave?

Or at least increase the present font height (San Francisco?). Mojave system font is oddly spaced and too small for my ageing eyes.

I'm using a calibrated CX271 Eizo monitor 27-inch (2560 x 1440). Also, I'm not sure upgrading to a 4k monitor will help. I searched the net for a solution but the High Sierra fix does not work for Mojave, alas.

Mac Pro (Late 2013), macOS Mojave (10.14)

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 3:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 26, 2018 4:09 PM

What I did was set up the following in the System/Accessability/Display preference pane:

User uploaded file

I also set the System/Displays/Display preference pane to this:

User uploaded file

It increased the size a bit and improved the contrast. I also found that using the Dark Mode gave me better readability in menus and toolbars.

User uploaded file

Similar questions

2 replies

Sep 28, 2018 10:07 AM in response to Old Toad

Thank you, but I rather see another, configurable font with proper kerning and height adjustment e.g. LucidaGrande. Also, 'dark mode' is a bit of a strain on the eyes for photography work because of the distracting change in contrast from black to white and vice versa. One needs a 'quiet' visual environment with predominantly neutral grey background (desk, walls ...).

Maybe a 4K monitor is a solution. I will check Eizo at Photokina today but a 27" 4K display with calibration costs almost € 5000.

How to change system font in Mojave?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.