Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Re-importing an audio file to a multicam clip

This is a curly one.

I've made a video of me playing and singing guitar. Firstly I recorded the audio element in a recording studio, 5 singing with acoustic guitar tracks, then when we recorded the video component separately and I mimed to the audio track. Following that, I then synced them up with the 3 camera angles as a new multi cam file in Final Cut. Anyway, the agent who wants the video wants me to add more reverb to the guitar and singing parts and lower the vocal part of the mix. Only problem here is I've already completed the video.

So, my question. I plan to go away and add reverb to my vocal/guitar track and fix the audio up accordingly as the agent wants it. Does this mean I'm going to have to re-import the new audio track once its fixed and create a whole bunch of new multi cam clips? So effectively start the project over? Or, can I re-import the new 'fixed up' audio into my multi cam files that have already been created and effectively replace the old 'non reverb' audio to the video of me playing and singing these songs...... somehow?

I'm guessing its probably a no I can't, I thought I'd put it to the brains trust anyway.

Troy

iMac, OS X El Capitan (10.11.2), Final Cut X

Posted on Sep 27, 2018 5:46 AM

Similar questions

5 replies

Oct 4, 2018 5:05 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

Hey Luis

I've only just gotten back my re-edited audio to import to this project. When I click on the multicam browser and then right click (mouse control) I don't get the 'add angle' drop box, I get the one you see here. It also doesn't let me sync the file in the way it usually does . Is there another way of syncing it ?

User uploaded file

Re-importing an audio file to a multicam clip

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.