Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Capture One Pro 11 mojave

Does anyone know if the latest version of Capture One Pro 11 is compatible with mojave?

Thanks in advance.

Mac Pro, macOS High Sierra (10.13.6)

Posted on Sep 28, 2018 6:58 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 2, 2018 11:34 AM

I contacted Phase One about this a couple of days after Mojave was released. They said that they had been testing beta versions of Mojave BUT they would not announce compliance until they thoroughly tested the final production version. The reason is that in the past they have found that a final production version sometimes introduced bugs. They are working on it but would not provide a time estimate. I know of one very active photographer who is using C1 with Mojave and happy with it but personally I'm holding off until either official compliance or at least a month goes by, whichever comes first.

BTW I use C1 in tethering with clients and a failure for me in real time with a client is fairly catastrophic. So I am very cautious.

12 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 2, 2018 11:34 AM in response to TheCuerco

I contacted Phase One about this a couple of days after Mojave was released. They said that they had been testing beta versions of Mojave BUT they would not announce compliance until they thoroughly tested the final production version. The reason is that in the past they have found that a final production version sometimes introduced bugs. They are working on it but would not provide a time estimate. I know of one very active photographer who is using C1 with Mojave and happy with it but personally I'm holding off until either official compliance or at least a month goes by, whichever comes first.

BTW I use C1 in tethering with clients and a failure for me in real time with a client is fairly catastrophic. So I am very cautious.

Oct 16, 2018 10:10 PM in response to BobTheFisherman

I asked PhaseOne, here is their answer:

"Hi

Mac OS 10.14 is not supported.

When support is available it will be listed in the release note which you find the same place you download Capture One.

Kind Regards

Phase One support"

I guess we will have to pay for the version compatible with Mojave... At lease the last OSX update I did I had to wait for them to make it compatible and to pay for the upgrade...

Oct 24, 2018 8:06 AM in response to RyanTaylorLA

I think it is not serious that Phase One is not ready with an upgrade by the time Apple releases a new OS to the public, especially as they charge 180€ per year for the subscription...

You should buy an external disk, install the previous macOS, and use it just for Capture One; alternatively you should switch back to High Sierra from your backup (if you have one)...

Oct 24, 2018 8:57 AM in response to TheCuerco

This was the response from Phase One (no help!):

I'm sorry to hear about your frustration.

Different software integrate differently with the technology in the OS. When we create a piece of software, we cannot anticipate compatibility with upcoming OS that had not yet been developed at the time. We do however always work to make Capture One compatible with 3 versions of Mac OS throughout its development. Ultimately upgrades are a necessary part of the development cycle and this is done by most software companies in some form.

Please always check the requirements before upgrading your OS to avoid such issues:

https://www.phaseone.com/en/Search/Article.aspx?articleid=1026

Also keep in mind, that due to our policy we do not comment or give out any information on future products and development.

Capture One Pro 11 mojave

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.